Thanksgiving is just about a week away here in Houston. Do you have some days off work next week? Do you have kids off from school? As your local real estate team, allow us to fill you in on some of the best events happening around town. Plan ahead and enjoy your holiday week!
Wednesday, November 25:
- Visit the Children’s Museum of Houston for the Great Gobbler Thanksgiving Elf Parade! Kids can design banners, vests and pennants from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and then wobble along in the parade at 1 p.m. Visit with Santa afterward from 1 to 4 p.m.
- The Houston Ballet Tree Lighting takes place at 11 a.m. at Wortham Theater Center. Watch the tree lighting ceremony and meet costumed characters from HGO’s opera, The Little Prince, and The Nutcracker’s Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Attend the City Hall Farmers Market from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to pick up fresh, local produce for your Thanksgiving meal! You can also pick up prepared foods for lunch, or to serve to your out-of-town guests.
Thursday, November 26
- Get up early for the TXU Energy Turkey Trot at 7 a.m.! Races include a 5k, 10k and a kid’s run, so everyone in the family can participate. Registration is $30 to $35 for adults and $15 for kids.
- Bring the whole family to Houston’s 66th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, Houston on Parade! It kicks off at 9 a.m. Viewing is free along the parade route, but arrive early for the best viewing. The parade begins on Lamar at Smith and ends at Smith and Dallas.
- After finishing your Thanksgiving feast, get in the mood for Christmas at the Uptown Holiday Lighting on Thanksgiving night. Holiday music and food trucks begin at 4 p.m., live music starts at 5 p.m., and Santa lights Post Oak Boulevard’s trees at 7 p.m. Fireworks end the night with a bang.
Friday, November 27:
- Skip Black Friday and attend Pop Shop Houston Holiday Festival instead! This runs all weekend at Silver Street Studios and features art, design, cocktails, vintage, a photo booth and more. Friday includes a Fashion Show and Live Paintings and runs from 12 to 8 p.m.
- Head to Galveston for the Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez at 6 p.m. Enjoy free entertainment by area carolers, ballet dancers and more. Santa will arrive by horse-drawn carriage for photos.
For more events taking place all week and weekend, check out this list from Houston on the Cheap. Enjoy planning your Thanksgiving holiday!